Monday, October 16, 2017

Teachers Just Want to Have Fun


Teachers Just Want to Have Fun

Many days a teacher’s day is filled with data talks, pre-planning, and post planning to ensure that all students are successful. Don’t get me wrong, I LOVE my job, but sometimes, teachers just want to have fun! We meet and greet up to 150 students in our classrooms daily, pouring every single ounce of love and attention into each, but in reality our students know very little about us. They have no idea that we love comics, and that we have a favorite super hero. They know nothing about how many of us imitated Wonder Woman and her amazing ways. As the season of make believe and dress up approaches, many teachers take time to make that connection with their students. This is the time that we can freely show our commonalities with our students. 

As a teacher, my fun meter sometimes runs low. With many demands placed on my profession, I do my best to incorporate fun not only through dress up, but with our daily routines. Showing the funny side to my personality, believe it or not, helps students connect with their academics. Incorporating fun time is not only a great way to allow students to see you as a real person, but it also helps you to realize that yes, I am a real person that may just have a small super power! As any teacher would agree, our super power is teaching little people with sometimes big personalities!
 
 
Submitted by Mrs. Anderson
8th grade ELA Teacher

No comments:

Post a Comment